Call For ACES Teaching Practice Briefs Editorial Board Members
ACES is proud to launch its Teaching Practice Briefs (TPB) initiative in 2022.
TPBs are concise summaries of practical guides that describe pertinent topics in teaching and learning for counselor education classrooms. TPBs centralize antiracist, socially-just teaching and learning practices that can promote quality instruction for all learners, facilitate brave/critically reflective and inclusive classroom environments, challenge curriculum, and foster counselor education programs of excellence. These briefs are intended to provide counselor educators with (1) accessible, quick reference guides on a variety of topics pertaining to teaching strategies, learning environments, and translation of community engaged practices to classroom settings; and (2) best-practices and innovative ideas for counseling andragogy* from within counselor education and across educational or helping disciplines. *andragogy refers to teaching and learning of adults versus children The ACES Special Committee on Teaching is recruiting ten (10) editorial board members for three year terms.
- Practicing counselor educators (part time or full time) or advanced doctoral students
- Experience teaching in counselor education
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racist practices, social justice, equity, inclusion and intersectional multiculturalism through teaching, research, and service
- Demonstrated experience with editorial board work or editing
Roles and responsibilities of editorial board members
- Serve for three years in the position
- Will review submitted briefs for each issue
- Approximately 2 issues a year
- Individuals review approximately 3-6 briefs a year with each brief ranging from 6-8 single spaced pages
- Provision of feedback and recommendation for publication to editor(s)
- Correspondence with the editor(s)
- Work with co-editors and emerging leaders on copy-editing needs of submitted briefs targeted for publication
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Brief statement regarding experience related to editorial work
- Brief statement regarding experience teaching and/or research related to teaching practices
- Brief statement detailing commitment to antiracist practices, social justice, and intersectional multiculturalism
Applications should be combined into one PDF by April 4 and sent to the following:
Susannah M. Wood, Ph.D.
The ACES Special Committee on Teaching will invite applicants to be on the editorial board no later than May 1, 2022.