ACES Diversity Region Conference Scholarships
The Association of Counselor Education and Supervision offers scholarships to increase access for diverse student and new professional members who might not otherwise be able to attend an ACES Region Conference. Awards are based on appropriateness of the educational opportunity related to the applicant’s job, financial need, and contributions of the applicant to their/her/his community and to ACES/Regional ACES. Scholarships of up to $1000 in value may be awarded to cover the cost of attending an ACES Region Conference (i.e., reimbursement of registration, conference hotel lodging, and/or travel). Scholarship recipients must be current ACES members. For 2022, ACES has allocated $10,000 to support attendance.
- Current ACES Student or New Professional Member
- Agreement to stay in conference hotel
- Applicant statement (2 page max)
- Current vita (5 page max)
- Letter of recommendation from advisor/supervisor
The applicant statement should include the following:
- Description of your salient identities
- Financial need
- Contributions to your job/university program and community
- Contribution to ACES or your Region within the last 3 years
- Description of what you hope to gain from attending the conference
- Previous ACES funding received (e.g., research grants, student scholarship, emerging leaders; priority will be given to those without prior funding)
Applications are due 9/1/2022
For questions about the ACES Diversity Conference Scholarship, contact Dr. Brandee Appling at firstname.lastname@example.org.