ACES Call for Nominations for Officers
ACES is seeking candidates for the following elected positions to begin July 1, 2024:
- President (serves President-elect 2024-2025, President 2025-2026, Past-President 2026-2027)
- Secretary (serves Secretary-elect 2024-2025, Secretary 2025-2026)
- Graduate Student Representative-elect (serves GSR-elect 2024-2025, GSR 2025-2026, GSR-past 2026-2027)
To view detailed information on the criteria and process for submitting nominations, please click on this link.
Please read this call carefully as ACES is following a revised process in attempts to allow greater access to elected positions. ACES Bylaws allow for two pathways for consideration on the primary ballot.
1. Sponsorship by ACES Region — each Region can sponsor one candidate to be on the primary ballot considered by the ACES Governing Council (two candidates from the primary ballot proceed to the election). If you select sponsorship by the ACES region, application materials will be screened for basic eligibility prior to being forwarded to your Regional ACES Board for consideration.
2. Petition — members can submit application materials including a petition endorsed by at least 50 active ACES members. The petition should include full names and ACA Member ID numbers. Candidates using the petition route may wish to use a survey platform to gather this information. If you select petition, your application materials will be screened for basic eligibility prior to being forwarded to the ACES Nominations & Elections committee for consideration.