Website Virginia Tech
Associate Director, School of Education
Office of Educational Research and Outreach
The Virginia Tech School of Education is inviting applications for the position of Associate Director of the School of Education, to lead the Office of Educational Research and Outreach (OERO). This person will further build and advance the sponsored research and outreach activities of the School of Education. The position is a tenured, 12-month appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. The position will begin August 10, 2020.
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university serving the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the global community. The discovery and dissemination of new knowledge are central to its mission. Through its focus on teaching and learning, research and discovery, and outreach and engagement, the university creates, conveys, and applies knowledge to expand personal growth and opportunity, advance social and community development, foster economic competitiveness, and improve the quality of life.
As the Commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers over 280 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 34,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $521 million. Virginia Tech is located in the beautiful mountains of Southwest Virginia, offering a wide variety of cultural and outdoor recreational activities.
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The School of Education Associate Director is in charge of the Office of Educational Research and Outreach. This person provides faculty support within the School of Education and serves a central role in further building and advancing a highly productive sponsored educational research portfolio, as well as supporting and coordinating School of Education outreach activities. In particular, the responsibilities of the Associate Director include:
● Managing OERO personnel, operations, budget, and resources.
● Supporting School of Education faculty in pursuing and administering sponsored research and outreach projects.
● Serving as primary liaison with the VT Office of Sponsored Programs, other university entities, and external funding agencies.
● Providing regulatory guidance and oversight of budgets and expenditures of sponsored research and outreach programs.
● Supervising grant-funded centers in the School of Education.
● Engaging in scholarly activity consistent with the rank of Associate Professor, including occasional travel to attend professional conferences.
● May teach one course per year in a program in the School of Education.
● An earned doctoral degree in Education or related field aligned with one of the programs within the School of Education by date of appointment (August 10, 2020)
● Extensive grant submissions and acquisitions
● Knowledgeable in research methodology and skills
● A vision for fostering interdisciplinary collaborations that will lead to new grant and outreach activities
● Record of scholarship, teaching, and outreach/service sufficient to warrant tenure as an Associate Professor in the School of Education
● Extensive knowledge of sponsored programs budgeting and finance
● Experience networking and collaborating with a variety of entities
● Supervisory or management experience
To apply, please submit (1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and vision for the Office of Educational Research and Outreach, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) two examples of scholarly writing that exemplify your qualifications for the position, and (4) names and contact information for three references. Application materials must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu, Posting 511378. Review of applications will begin on November 5, 2019 and continue until position is filled.
Employment is contingent upon submission of official university transcripts and a criminal background check.
Questions may be directed to Jay Wilkins, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Office of Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061 or http://www.vt.edu/about/equal-opportunity.html
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.vt.edu.