Website University of Alabama at Birmingham
The Department of Human Studies in the School of Education at the University of Alabama at Birmingham seeks applications for a full-time, assistant professor non-tenure track core faculty position to begin August 2022. Salary and terms of appointment are commensurate with prior experience. Position includes a 9-month salary and benefits package.
The selected candidate will be responsible for: teaching core classes as well as classes within the Marriage, Couples, and Family concentrations (e.g., relationships and sexuality, marriage and couples counseling, advanced marriage and family techniques, etc.); advising graduate students; participating in admissions processes; clinical supervision in the UAB Community Counseling Clinic; and university, local, regional, and/or national service.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration
• Receipt of an earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited university
• A clear counselor educator identity
• LMFT credential and LMFT-eligible in Alabama
• Familiarity with CACREP accreditation standards and processes
• Evidence of effective teaching and a minimum of 1 year of supervision experience in Marriage, Couples, and Family counseling
• Evidence of membership in and engagement with professional organizations in Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseling
• Evidence of professionalism, collegiality, and team orientation
• Experience with technology-assisted instruction
How to Apply
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Applicants must submit the following materials through the online application portal
Letter of interest addressing:
the position qualifications and responsibilities
Statement of teaching and supervision philosophy
Official transcripts for all college work
Three professional references
Applications should be submitted by November 1, 2021. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
Questions and nominations should be directed to Dr. Shannon McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit uab.peopleadmin.com.