Website Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
The Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Counseling with an emphasis in School Counseling beginning fall 2021. The department offers masters’ level programs in clinical mental health counseling; marriage, couple, and family counseling; school counseling; addictions counseling; and a doctoral program in Counselor Education. All counseling programs are CACREP-accredited.
- Doctorate in Counselor Education. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred by the time of appointment,
- Expertise in school counseling,
- Certification or certification-eligible as a Texas school counselor at the time of employment,
- Experience or training in teaching, supervising, and advising counseling students
- An identified research agenda that is sustainable and fundable, and
- Professional experience working with diverse populations (students or clients).
- Doctorate from a CACREP-accredited program,
- Paid work experience as a professional school counselor,
- Experience with distance learning and instructional technology,
- Membership and active involvement in professional counseling organizations,
- Graduate teaching experience in a counselor training program, and
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
- A letter of application addressing qualifications listed above,
- A curriculum vita,
- A teaching philosophy statement,
- Copies of unofficial transcripts of all collegiate coursework, and
- Contact information for five professional references including name, title/position, work address, work telephone number, and e‑mail address, including a current or previous supervisor.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin immediately. Questions about this position can be directed to Dr. Joshua C. Watson, Professor and Chair, Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology, TAMU-CC, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 361-825-2739.
To apply for this job please visit hr.tamucc.edu.