Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi
The Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for two full time, tenure/tenure-track positions of Counselor Education at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin as early as spring 2022. Faculty rank and tenure status will be determined upon qualifications. We are especially interested in candidates with a dedication to and success in working in diverse communities. The department aims to build a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working with a multicultural student body.
The department offers CACREP-accredited masters’ level programs in clinical mental health counseling; marriage, couple, and family counseling; school counseling; addictions counseling; and a doctoral program in Counselor Education. In 2020, the department was named the SACES Outstanding Master’s Level Program.
• Doctorate in Counselor Education. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred at the time of appointment.
• Expertise in one of the specialty areas offered in the department,
• LPC/LPC-eligible at time of employment,
• Experience teaching, supervising, and advising counseling students,
• Demonstrated commitment to justice, diversity, anti-racism, and inclusion in counselor education, and
• Evidence of a promising counseling research agenda as demonstrated by publication and presentation activity.
• Doctorate from a CACREP-accredited program,
• Paid work experience as a professional counselor (working with couples and families),
• An established record of peer-reviewed scholarly publications and presentations,
• Demonstrated multicultural and social justice worldview as evidenced by a professional interest in, and experience working with/advocating for underserved populations,
• Membership and active involvement in professional counseling organizations,
• Graduate teaching experience in a counselor training program,
• Training/clinical experience in marriage, couple, and family counseling,
• Experience serving on doctoral dissertation committees (as chair or member), and
• Bilingual in English/Spanish.
A completed application will include:
1. Letter of application addressing the qualifications listed
2. Curriculum vita,
3. Teaching philosophy statement,
4. A diversity statement describing past contributions, current efforts, and future aspirations to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion,
5. Copies of unofficial transcripts of all collegiate coursework, and
6. Contact information for five professional references including name, title/position, work address, work telephone number, and e-mail address.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Please direct any inquiries to Dr. Joshua Watson, Professor and Department Chair, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, College of Education, 6300 Ocean Drive Unit 5834, Corpus Christi, Texas 78412; Phone: (361) 825-2739, E-mail: Joshua.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.tamucc.edu.