Website SUNY Brockport
The Counselor Education program at SUNY Brockport makes the following job announcement for Assistant Professor:
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Professor in Counselor Education. Our faculty in the Department of Counselor Education are committed to the following values: self-awareness, social justice and advocacy, critical education, and helping students to develop a scholar-practitioner identity. We are looking for a colleague who shares our values, to work in our in-person mental health counseling, school counseling, and college student affairs and development programs. This is a tenure-track assistant professor position in the Department of Counselor Education to begin fall 2022.
• Doctorate in Counselor Education (or a related doctoral degree and experience that meets the 2016 CACREP standards) from a college or university accredited by a US Dept. of Education or internationally recognized institution. ABD candidates must have their degree within 6 months of hire.
• Commitment to infusing cultural competence in teaching, supervision, and counseling practice, to creating experientially based education, and preparing students to work with diverse clients.
• Experience in professional counseling.
• Evidence of effective teaching, supervision, and appropriate professional membership.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• Experience in mental health counseling.
• Ability to teach in two or more of the eight CACREP core areas.
• Evidence of appropriate license and/or certification as appropriate.
• Ability to develop and teach online instructions.
Work Schedule: N/A
Salary and Benefits:
May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
SUNY Brockport participates in the SUNY PRODiG Fellowship program, a collaborative effort of the thirteen comprehensive colleges in the SUNY system. The program consists of a three-pronged approach to increase faculty diversity on our campuses.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu.