Website St. Edward's University
The Masters in Counseling (MAC) program at St. Edward’s University invites applications for appointment as a full time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Counseling to begin in Fall 2022. The position of the faculty will be filled at the Assistant Professor level with salary depending on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the MAC program. The MAC program comprises two CACREP accredited specializations – clinical mental health counseling (CMHC) and marriage, couples, and family counseling (MCFC). St. Edward’s University embraces excellence through diversity and encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, professional development, and service commensurate with Assistant Professor rank. Tenure-track faculty are expected to teach a full load (4/4) in fall and spring in CACREP core and counseling specialty areas. Summer teaching is available. Supervision of field experience, development of courses, academic advising, service on university committees, scholarly production, and other responsibilities outlined in the Faculty Manual is expected.
• Earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP accredited program. ABD candidates will be considered but must complete degree requirements by date of appointment.
• University teaching experience in counseling.
• Licensed or eligible for LPC and/or LMFT in Texas.
• Demonstrated ability to teach courses across the CACREP curriculum in the Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program.
• Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity in academia, social justice, fostering the university’s global initiative, and supporting strategic priorities.
• Postdoctoral experience teaching in a CACREP accredited program.
• Knowledgeable of CACREP-accredited counseling programs.
• Licensed or eligible as an LMFT in Texas.
• Demonstration of a strong marriage and family counseling identity and with the ability to teach in the Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseling (MCFC) specialization.
• Experience in clinical supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as practicum and internship coordinator will be highly considered.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit an online application at stedwards.applicantpro.com. Applicants should also submit a CV, a cover letter highlighting their qualifications as outlined in the job posting, three professional references, and a diversity statement. In the diversity statement, applicants should discuss how their teaching, service, and research demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion as emphasized in the mission of St. Edward’s University. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required upon employment. Application: To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by November 1, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit stedwards.applicantpro.com.