Website Palo Alto University
Palo Alto University (PAU) invites applications for a faculty position for the Department of Counseling at the rank of Assistant Professor for an appointment starting Fall 2021. This position requires teaching both residential and online courses.
The Department of Counseling seeks faculty with teaching, scholarship, and/or clinical practice expertise in one or more of the following areas (alpha order): clinical mental health, integration of multicultural and social justice efforts in counseling, and marriage and family.
The position of scholar educator involves teaching courses, advising students, and engaging in department and university service. The University seeks candidates who are current in the related disciplinary literature and in the relevant research on teaching and/or clinical practice. Scholar Educators are expected to actively participate in how that knowledge is applied so that PAU students are afforded instruction that leverages high impact practices for engagement and success. Successful candidates must be able to engage and support students of color, women, LGBTQ+ students, and other underrepresented groups, and will be interested in participating in initiatives that aim to increase equity and inclusion.
● Doctoral degree in Counseling Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited program;
● Licensed or license-eligible as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor;
● Potential for excellence in teaching in online and residential formats;
● Active engagement in the field of counseling through participation in counseling professional associations;
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in video conferencing, in-person interactions, email and chat;
● Competency in facilitating conversations related to systemic and cultural oppression;
● The ability to reflect on your experiences as a teacher or counselor with Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islanders and other students who have historically been underrepresented in higher education; and
● A minimum of two years of experience teaching in counseling education.
Institutional Information: Palo Alto University, a private, non-profit university located in the heart of Northern California’s Silicon Valley, is a community grounded in values of social justice dedicated to addressing pressing and emerging issues in the fields of psychology and counseling that meet the needs of today’s diverse society. The students at PAU reflect the diversity of the region, are engaged in their education, and committed to improving the lives of others. In addition to complying with EEOC employment practices from recruitment to promotion, PAU recognizes and is committed to work on dismantling systemic and institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
Please submit a: 1) cover letter; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) teaching statement; 4) and three letters of recommendation, including the contact information for the references; and 5) a sample of teaching evaluations (including supervisory evaluations or peer teaching observations if available). Review of applications will begin January 15.
Materials and questions should be submitted to: Search Committee Chair, Dr. Margaret Lamar at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org