Website Newport Healthcare
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.
5k Sign on Bonus!
- The Counselor will carry an average case load of 9 clients. The average may fluctuate dependent upon staffing and census.
- Facilitate individual and group sessions as assigned
- Coordinate all aspects of the Counselors role in client programming including the evaluation of Discovery journal assignments.
- Coordinate treatment goals and services in collaboration with client’s treatment team.
- Provide progress updates to parents in collaboration with family therapist.
- Timely completion of documentation (may include assessments, treatment plans, progress and group notes, discharge summary) according to established standards.
- Attends weekly treatment team meetings, staff meetings, and clinical supervision.
- Identify off campus meetings
- Maintains clear boundaries with residents and staff. Holds direct care staff to the rules and guidelines of Newport Academy. Sets limits and assists to manage clients when staff is in need of support or supervision.
- Attends meetings, trainings and conferences representing Newport Academy as needed.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Licensed, or license-eligible in Counseling or Social Work in the state in which you are applying preferred.
- Experience in working with adolescents, preferably in a residential treatment center.
- Training or experience with mental health, substance abuse, or eating disorders.
To apply for this job please visit careers-newportacademy.icims.com.