Murray State University
Assistant Professor, School Counseling
Murray State University is seeking an Assistant Professor in School Counseling to assist in the growth of their Counselor Education program and associated Counseling and Assessment Center. We are seeking a creative, innovative, and experienced Counselor Educator who is interested in making a difference. We promote diversity in and outside of the classroom; as such, we are committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty. Women and faculty from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Full-time, tenure track position to begin August 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach three courses per semester, one of which will be a school counseling related course
- Coordinate counseling operations for the Counseling and Assessment Center
- Maintain an advising caseload of graduate and undergraduate students
- Supervise practicum and internship students
- Engage in professional research and scholarly activities
- Pursue involvement in appropriate professional organizations at the national, regional, and/or state levels
- Be actively involved in departmental, college, and university committees.
Earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited program. ABDs with a documented plan of completion by appointment date will be considered. Demonstrated capability to teach at the graduate-level. Eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Preferred Qualifications: Experience as a school counselor. Experience working, supervising, and/or directing in a counseling center.
Experience as a school counselor. Experience working, supervising, and/or directing in a counseling center.
To apply for this job please visit www.murraystatejobs.com.