Website Moody Bible Institute
Under the administrative supervision of the Division Chair of Education and Counseling, Associate Dean of Faculty Development, and the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program director, a counseling faculty position is designed to promote graduate level learning in fulfillment of the CMHC curriculum as well as furthering the overall work of the seminary. Faculty members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, contribute to the enrichment of the learning community and provide formal advising and formal and informal student academic and clinical training. Counseling faculty are also responsible to pursue continued spiritual and professional development while adhering to all faculty related policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Prepare syllabi, teach, and evaluate instructional outcomes of assigned courses. Clinical Mental Health Counseling faculty are responsible to teach during fall, spring and summer semesters due to the CMHC curriculum design.
- Maintain and post regular office hours.
- Assist the program director as needed to further the work of the department.
- Attend committee and faculty meetings as appointed and scheduled.
- Serve as academic advisor to assigned students.
- Provide academic and clinical oversight via classroom instruction, modeling, evaluation, prayer, encouragement, and discipleship.
- Promote a sense of community, shared values, and experiences by attending designated chapels, special meetings, assemblies, ceremonies, and social events.
- Assist counseling psychology program development via personal and student directed interdisciplinary research with an emphasis on the integration of psychology, theology and biblical studies.
- Assist with the operation and management of the campus-based MTS Counseling Center.
- Fulfill policies, responsibilities, and special obligations as outlined in the Employee Information Guide and the Faculty Manual.
- A PhD or EdD from an accredited institution in Counselor Education and Supervision.
- Candidates should be licensed or license-eligible as an LCPC in the state of Illinois.
- Achieved at least five years of significant clinical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated effective classroom skills for teaching in a graduate school or seminary.
- Characterized by lifestyle traits as described in Galatians 5, I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Marked by a personal life of faith in Jesus Christ, which leads to humility, honesty, compassion and service.
- Affiliates with the historical, evangelical, dispensational and Protestant tradition.
- Subscribes to the MBI statement of faith, doctrine, and Student Life Guide.
- Embraces the mission of MBI and the Graduate School.
- Able to work in the US legally without sponsorship.
- The ability to teach across the various core content areas in counseling as well as experience teaching Trauma-informed counseling theories and interventions and/or addictions counseling.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have earned doctoral degrees from a CACREP-accredited program or who have been employed as full-time faculty members in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2020.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christian-based Higher Education and Media Ministry. We exist to equip people with the Truth of God’s Word. If you are mission-minded, and have a servant’s heart, join us as we look to further impact the Kingdom of God.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This is a full-time position: Hours vary, M-F (40 hour weekly)
- No travel is expected for this position.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, as explained in our Community Standards.
To review you fairly, please remove birthdates and graduation dates from your resume.
To apply for this job please visit www.moodybible.org.