Website George Fox University
George Fox University announces a non-tenure or tenure-track faculty position in the Graduate School of Counseling, to begin in January or August of 2022. The Graduate School of Counseling is grounded in and shaped by our commitment to an integrated understanding of faith and mental health that embraces diversity and promotes justice. This position requires a passion for teaching, supervision and the counseling profession.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God’s truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ- centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Teaching courses within the curriculum of the Graduate School of Counseling.
● Developing courses when needed.
● Understanding and abiding by CACREP standards as a faculty member, professor, and advisor.
● Participating in student screenings and faculty meetings.
● Student advising.
● Ability to develop and sustain an ongoing program of relevant scholarship.
● Participation in the work of the department and the university, including serving on university committees as needed.
● Ph.D. in a relevant field required. Applicants who are A.B.D. in a Ph.D. program will be considered but must have an earned Ph.D. by the time of appointment.
● Ph.D. from a CACREP program
● Licensable mental health professional in the State of Oregon (LPC or LMFT)
● Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
● A record of relevant scholarship is essential.
● A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
● All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
● Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. and when employed by George Fox University be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures – kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
● Letter of Interest
● Curriculum Vitae (CV)
● Faith and learning essay*
● Statement of teaching philosophy
● Concise description of research plans
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)
To apply for this job please visit georgefoxfaculty.applicantpool.com.