Website Eastern Michigan University
Eastern Michigan University
Department of Leadership & Counseling
Assistant Professor in Counseling
Eastern Michigan University’s Department of Leadership and Counseling is accepting applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Counseling. The department offers CACREP-accredited master’s degree programs in clinical mental health counseling, college counseling and student affairs, and school counseling. These programs are committed to developing professional counselors who actively promote the well-being of individuals, institutions, and communities through the application of knowledge and skills that enhance the diversity, dignity, and development of the clients and communities they serve. We operate an in-house Counseling Training Clinic that is open to the community as well as a School-Based Counseling Training Clinic that serves several schools in the local community. Eastern Michigan
University is located in Ypsilanti, Michigan, adjacent to Ann Arbor and 45 minutes from downtown Detroit.
Our Mission and Purpose
Our mission as a Counseling Program is to prepare graduates to work as professional counselors in clinical mental health, higher education, and K-12 school settings with diverse clients presenting with a range of concerns, mental and emotional disorders. We intentionally seek to foster helping professionals who create inclusive spaces of responsiveness, respect and appreciation for all forms of diversity, developing cultural proficiency in the service of promoting mental health and wellness to benefit local and global communities. Responsibilities Teach and advise graduate students in CACREP-accredited school, clinical mental health, and college counseling/student affairs programs while engaging in scholarship and professional and university service activities.
– A doctorate, or earned doctorate by August 2021 in Counseling/Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program
– Background as a generalist practitioner with experience teaching in a CACREP accredited master’s level program in clinical mental health, college counseling/student affairs, or school counseling
– Demonstrated ability and experience to teach across the CACREP core areas
– Experience teaching in one or more of the following areas: career counseling, assessment, human growth and development, or multicultural counseling
– Promise and demonstrated skills to establish or continue with research agenda evidenced by publications
– Interest and commitment to social justice and equity
– A candidate who identifies with the counseling profession as evidenced by professional memberships and activities, and who is eligible for licensure as a professional counselor in Michigan.
– Experience with the CACREP accreditation process
– Experience with clinical practice and supervision
– Ability to bring field-based experience to one or more of our practitioner preparation concentrations (clinical mental health, college counseling/student affairs, or school counseling ) The successful candidate will serve an eight-month, tenure track appointment with summer employment contingent on student demand and funding. A competitive salary will be based on qualifications and prior experience with a tenure track appointment at the assistant professor rank. Eastern Michigan University will consider up to two years of credit for service at the Assistant Professor rank from another institution.
Starting date should be no later than August 29, 2021.
All applications must be made online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/emichedu (Job Number: 02306) Applicants should submit the following materials for consideration: a letter of interest that clearly speaks to both required and desired qualifications of the position, detailed vitae, two samples of recent scholarship, graduate transcripts, and names/titles/telephone numbers of at least three references.
Application review will begin January 1, 2021 . Review of applications will continue until a finalist is identified. For more information contact Dr. Irene Ametrano, email@example.com (Search Committee Chair and Counseling Program Coordinator) or Dr. Raul Leon, firstname.lastname@example.org (Interim Academic Department Head)
If contacted, you will be asked to present official transcripts of your highest degree earned at the time of interview.
ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. THEY CANNOT BE REVISED OR ADDED ONCE THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
Multicultural experience is desired. Women and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. EMU is an equal opportunity employer. Eastern Michigan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity in its educational programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com