Job Title: Residential Counselor – Swing or Night Shift
Days Off: Vary depending on location
Pay Range: $18.87 – $20.77 per hour (Swing), $19.37 – $21.27 per hour (Night)
Shift Differential: $0.50 per hour for Swing, $1.00 per hour for Night (included in pay range above)*
Insurance Benefits: Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage), Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
Location: Seattle (multiple sites)
Shift: Swing (3:30 pm – 12 midnight) and/or Night (11:30 pm – 8 am)
- Do you have patience, energy, and a can-do attitude?
- Do you think everyone deserves a home?
- Are you skilled at working with people, even those with challenging behaviors?
If so, you can work on a Supportive Housing team to help end the homelessness of our most vulnerable neighbors.
DESC Employee PERKS:
- Over 6 weeks off in the first year of employment
- Opportunities for growth
- Team building and camaraderie
- Training and learning that occurs at your own pace
- Great medical and dental benefits
- Week-long orientation and training
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with residents in the general milieu and common areas.
- Assist clinical staff in the coordination of services to residents; contact residents’ outside service providers as necessary.
- Assist clinical staff in engaging residents through creative, resourceful strategies that build trust and confidence.
- Assist clinical staff in the initiation, facilitation and promotion of on-site activities, therapeutic support groups, outings and community meetings.
- Manage all building operations in the absence of other project and clinical staff as assigned.
- Operate all functions in lobby office, including checking visitors in and out, answering telephones and monitoring security systems.
- Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas and enforcing project rules.
- Intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency response systems.
- Write significant events involving residents and building operations activities in a daily log; read log daily.
- Assist with room turnovers, new resident leasing and orientation; rent collection and facilities inspections.
- Respond to resident complaints.
- Work cooperatively with clinical and maintenance staff sited at the project and with visiting providers; refer residents to clinical and other staff as necessary
- Initiate appropriate response to maintenance requests.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with other property management functions as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.