Job Title: Residential Counselor – Night Shift
Days Off: TBD
Pay Range: $19.37 – $21.27 per hour (includes shift differential)*
Shift Differential: $1.00 per hour for Night Shift (Included in Pay Range Above)*
Insurance Benefits: Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage), Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
Location: Seattle (multiple sites)
Shift: Night (11:30pm – 8:00am)
- Do you have patience, energy, and a can-do attitude?
- Do you think everyone deserves a home?
- Are you skilled at working with people, even those with challenging behaviors?
If so, you can work on a Supportive Housing team to help end the homelessness of our most vulnerable neighbors.
DESC has full-time night Residential Counselor positions with excellent benefits at several Seattle locations. Great opportunities for learning and advancement.
DESC Employee PERKS:
- Over 6 weeks off in the first year of employment
- Opportunities for growth
- Team building and camaraderie
- Training and learning that occurs at your own pace
- Great medical and dental benefits
- Week-long orientation and training
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with residents in the general milieu and common areas.
- Assist clinical staff in the coordination of services to residents; contact residents’ outside service providers as necessary.
- Assist clinical staff in engaging residents through creative, resourceful strategies that build trust and confidence.
- Assist clinical staff in the initiation, facilitation and promotion of on-site activities, therapeutic support groups, outings and community meetings.
- Manage all building operations in the absence of other project and clinical staff as assigned.
- Operate all functions in lobby office, including checking visitors in and out, answering telephones and monitoring security systems.
- Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas and enforcing project rules.
- Intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency response systems.
- Write significant events involving residents and building operations activities in a daily log; read log daily.
- Assist with room turnovers, new resident leasing and orientation; rent collection and facilities inspections.
- Respond to resident complaints.
- Work cooperatively with clinical and maintenance staff sited at the project and with visiting providers; refer residents to clinical and other staff as necessary
- Initiate appropriate response to maintenance requests.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with other property management functions as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.