Website DePaul University
An urban university dedicated to advancing social justice
Upon final internal authorization, the CACREP-accredited Counseling Program at DePaul University in Chicago, IL will begin accepting applications in Fall 2021 for a tenure-track Counseling position to begin Fall 2022. We offer specialty areas in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, and College Counseling and Student Affairs. We will seek a colleague prepared to teach graduate courses across the core counseling curriculum and to contribute to the profession through active scholarship and service. Our successful candidate will support departmental and programmatic initiatives that create a culture of student engagement, critical inquiry, and the development of counselors as practitioners, scholars, and leaders. Upon final internal authorization, applications will be accepted immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
· Earned doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision
· Professional identity as a Counselor Educator
· Professional counseling experience (Clinical, School, or College Counseling and Student Affairs)
· Demonstrated record teaching graduate-level counseling courses
· Established scholarship record and/or agenda
· Professional and academic experiences with diverse populations
· Membership and service in professional organizations
· Commitment to addressing issues of diversity and difference, equity, power and privilege, and the increasingly globalized context of education
· Experience supervising counseling graduate students
· Service within the counseling profession
While pending final internal authorization, interested candidates are invited to contact Dr. Marie Ann Donovan, Chair, Department of Counseling and Special Education, for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local EEO laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com