Website Denver Seminary
Train up the next generation of leaders!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
Denver Counseling Center is well established community counseling center that offers counseling services to the Denver community. It is also a training venue for our students under the supervision of licensed professional counselors and Denver Seminary faculty.
The Assistant Director of Clinical Training (Counseling Division) will assist in oversight of the clinical training sequences at both the Master’s and PhD level. Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Training, this individual will be responsible for creating an effectively run PhD practicum as well as helping PhD students identify and secure internship opportunities. This individual will also assist in managing Denver Counseling Center.
The position of Assistant Director of Clinical Training seeks out opportunities to expand Denver Counseling Center’s reach in the Denver community and supports the Director in various clinical training duties including the management of the online recording keeping platform and student support through practicum and internship, and a focus on supporting PhD students in the logistical elements of the clinical training sequence.
Denver Counseling Center
1. Assist Director of Clinical Training with clerical and administrative tasks related to
Practicum and Internship at the master’s level including managing the Moodle sites and assisting with practicum orientation.
2. Mange the recordkeeping component of the clinical training sequence through Supervision Assist.
3. Collaborate with Counseling Division faculty and staff (including Assistant Director, PhD Program and Program Chairs) to best serve student and program needs at both the master’s and PhD level.
4. Maintain regular office hours that give access to students, supervisors, and faculty.
5. Collaborate with the Advancement team to apply for grants and additional funding for Denver Counseling Center.
6. Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with community in an effort to spread the reach of Denver Counseling Center
7. Develop marketing strategies for expanding counseling services in collaboration with the Executive Director of Communications.
PhD Clinical Training
1. Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Training, vet internship placement sites and supervisors for the PhD program.
2. Advise PhD students on placements for practicum and internship.
3. Maintain regular office hours that give access to students, supervisors, and faculty.
4. Update policy and procedures in the PhD clinical training manual and keep students and faculty up to date on changes.
· Master’s degree in counseling or related field required for accreditation purposes
· Registered with the state database and either licensed (LPC), or able to obtain licensensure within three months of hire.
· At least five years’ experience in a professional office environment with increasing responsibility.
· Experience in a psychology or health-related field and experience in an academic setting preferred.
· Theological training is an asset
· Experience in clinic management and academic field education programs are an asset.
Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
Maintains a professional demeanor when working with colleagues, students and the public. Understands the importance of confidentiality and works to preserve confidentiality as required.
Experienced manager of people with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requires the ability to problem solve and be a self-starter who can initiate processes, programs, organization, record maintenance, and creating efficient processes.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Assistant Director of Clinical Training supports this mission by:
· Expanding the DCC footprint in the Denver community.
· Develop a robust clinical training sequence for the PhD program by supporting students in securing placement at sites around the world.
· Support our community partners (practicum and internship sites) worldwide as the Denver Seminary reach continues to expand through the PhD program.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
To apply for this job please visit denverseminary.edu.