Website Buena Vista University
Buena Vista University invites applications for the Director of the Graduate Professional School Counseling program. This full-time, tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor position is a 12 month 5/6 term contract. The successful candidate will assume a range of responsibilities including; overseeing program development, evaluation, and continuous improvement; participating in student recruitment and retention; hiring, supervising and mentoring faculty; and developing course schedules. Primary responsibilities are teaching a range of core counseling courses and focused courses in professional school counseling; mentoring and supervising graduate students; participating in assessment and program improvement; contributing to university service; and pursuing scholarly professional activities. Candidates should be prepared to deliver courses through a variety of formats (online, hybrid, and face-to-face).
Buena Vista University’s main 60-acre campus is situated on the shores of beautiful Storm Lake, a 3,200-acre natural lake located in northwest Iowa. Storm Lake is one of Iowa’s most diverse communities. It is one of Iowa’s premier vacation spots, with an array of retail shopping and dining opportunities, and a vibrant arts and cultural environment. Businesses of various sizes ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations thrive in this northwest Iowa city. Storm Lake residents enjoy a relatively low cost of living and a high quality of life.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have:
- An earned doctorate in Counselor Education, with an emphasis in Professional School Counseling from a CACREP accredited program by date of appointment;
- Experience providing supervision to counselors-in-training;
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a professional school counselor in the state of Iowa. If not currently licensed, please describe in detail what steps will need to be complete
- Demonstrated support for the university’s mission
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including problem solving and attention to detail
- Contribute to the connectivity between faculty, staff, and students in the professional environment;
- Experience with CACREP standards and familiarity with the accreditation process;
- Experience in hybrid and online instruction and development;
- An established professional identity as a Professional School Counselor Educator through affiliation with relevant K-12 school counseling experience and counseling associations;
- Evidence of successful teaching and communication skills in Counselor Education;
- A demonstrated ability to actively collaborate and communicate with colleagues, local stakeholders, and within the profession;
- A demonstrated interest in working with diverse populations and social justice advocacy issues;
Start Date: July 1, 2020
Review of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit letter of application addressing qualifications and required skills, curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio, a copy of unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.
This position is not eligible for an employer-sponsored visa; and, all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate. Buena Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.