ACES Accepting Applications for Chief Diversity Officer
As part of our continued effort to elevate diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), the ACES Governing Council is committed to ongoing engagement with a Chief Diversity Officer (CDO). The CDO will be an independent contractor who works with ACES staff and volunteer leaders to fulfill the following job description and responsibilities:
- The Chief Diversity Officer will audit the association and review current Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts.
- The Chief Diversity Officer will propose specific plans to the ACES Governing Council for implementing the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and activities that interact readily and effectively with all members of the association community.
- The Chief Diversity will assess potential barriers and develop strategies focused on recruiting and retaining of underrepresented cultural groups in ACES membership and leadership.
- The Chief Diversity Officer will ensure diversity outcome is reflected in the association activities, including resources and products developed and educational opportunities provided for members.
- The Chief Diversity Officer will consult with the ACES President when appointments are made for leadership positions (e.g. interest networks and committees) and task forces to ensure representation through recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups.
- The Chief Diversity Officer will consult with the ACES conference staff to ensure equity and inclusion efforts are prioritized and implemented during conference planning process.
- The Chief Diversity Officer will collaborate with ACES leadership to create communications to increase diversity and inclusion awareness.
- The Chief Diversity Officer will develop tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate the impact of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives; develop reports on program effectiveness and make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement.
ACES will implement the CDO position in two phases. The first phase will include an initial 6-month organizational needs assessment ending in a deliverable featuring proposed objectives and approach for elevating DEI within ACES (January 1, 2022-June 30, 2022). The second phase will begin in July 2022 and will include implementation of the approach and evolution of organizational objectives.
ACES is now accepting applications for Phase 1. To apply, submit (1) resume or CV and (2) letter of interest addressing qualifications, proposed approach to phase 1, and proposed compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/31/2021.