Incoming Editor of Counselor Education and Supervision
Call for Applications
The Association for Counselor Education and Supervision is seeking applications for Editor of its official publication, Counselor Education and Supervision (CE&S). CE&S publishes articles, empirical and conceptual, on a range of issues regarding the preparation and supervision of counselors who work in in various settings.
The CE&S Editor oversees the peer-review process for approximately 150 manuscript submissions each year, communicates with authors, selects manuscripts for publication in each issue; recruits, orients, and manages the editorial review board; and collaborates with the publisher to develop an outreach and marketing plan to promote the visibility and overall impact of the journal.
The editor appointment is for a 3-year term beginning July 1, 2021, with the possibility of reappointment for a second 3-year term. The successful candidate will begin serving as editor-elect July 1, 2020. The CE&S editor receives an annual honorarium of $7500 and a travel stipend to attend the ACES and ACA conferences. The editor will have the option to work with an Assistant Editor, nominated by the editor and approved by the ACES Governing Council.
- Previous experience as an editor or associate editor of a peer-reviewed journal preferred; strong record of editorial experience required
- A significant record of scholarly publications in refereed journals, including ACA journals
- Membership in ACES and a history of involvement in ACES and/or its regional organizations
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of ACES and to promoting high-quality scholarship, including both quantitative and qualitative empirical work
- A demonstrated belief and commitment to multicultural competence in counseling, counselor preparation and supervision, and scholarship
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, and organizational skills
- A solid commitment from the applicant’s university/employer in support of the application
Interested individuals should submit the following materials:
- A statement discussing qualifications for the position (including editorial experience and research training) and a strategic vision for CE&S
- A current curriculum vita with a complete list of publications
- Three to five reprints of the applicant’s most significant publications, including those with particular relevance to counselor education and supervision
- A statement of support from an administrator at the applicant’s institution/employer
All applications must be received no later than December 1, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The search committee will review all applications and present its top nominees, in ranked preference, to the ACES Governing Council for their approval at their February meeting.
Submit application materials (in one PDF file) to L. DiAnne Borders, Chair, CE&S Editor Search Committee, at email@example.com.